Saturday, December 8, 2012

Nutcracker Week!!!!!

Hey everyone, I'm back! Nutcracker is in less than a week, the final stretch of rehearsals is approaching fast!  On Sunday I have my normal rehearsal, 2-3:30. Monday and Tuesday I also have class as normal. Wednesday is a full rehearsal in studio (normally we'd be in the theater, but this year I guess it's full). That starts with a ballet class at 4, the run through starts at 6, and I'll be dancing around 6:30, so I'm probably going to be there from 3:45-7:00. Then, Thursday is Tech Rehearsal, which is in the theater. We run through everything, make any corrections, fix spacing, and (the most fun, in my opinion) decorate the dressing rooms! That'll be from around 5:00-8:00. Friday is opening night! The girls with huge parts report pretty early, most girls like Snow Queen and Dew Drop even skip school (with permission) to get to the studio, do a full ballet class, practice the dances with the orchestra, and then warm up for the show. I only need to be there about an hour early. Saturday is the second and final show, starting at 2. Again, I only need to be there about an hour and a half early, and then we're done! It'll be bittersweet, performing always is, because you're finally getting to show off your hard work, but at the same time, the hustle and bustle and fun of rehearsal is over. Then everyone starts looking forward to next year, guessing the parts they'll get.

How is your Nutcracker going? Tell me below!

7 comments:

  1. My show is tonight! We had dress rehearsal friday! good luck on your show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have ours next week. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Break a leg/good luck! My Nutcracker is this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds soo fun! I wish my studio had a Nutcracker. Your's is tonight, right? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete