Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 12th

Hi guys, I just got back from my last class of the week, 90 minutes at Studio B. We did a lot of jumping combinations, which always tire me out. The music she played during class was a mix of instrumental Billy Joel songs, and instrumental songs from one of my favorite musicals, Les Miserables, so that made class more fun. We did more work on tour jete's, which are my new favorite and least favorite jump. They are so beautiful, but a bit difficult to master. I mostly need to just work on height and my landing arabesque.

Here's a tour jete, if you aren't familiar with them. I absolutely love this dancer, he shows both grace and strength.


Just curious, has anyone ever heard of Les Miserables? I love broadway, it's one of the things that's inspired me to start dancing. My favorite shows are Rent, and Phantom of the Opera, but I've seen several others on Broadway. What musicals have you guys seen? And yes, I'm going to keep asking questions until someone answers :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love Broadway too!! Les Miserables is amazing!! I love RENT, TPotO, CATS, Sound of Music, The fiddler on the roof ohh it's my dram to perform on that stage... It inspired me too (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Rent is my all time favorite, I saw it on DVD when I was 11 and loved it ever since. I got to see it at the New World theater this summer when it was in previews, it was so amazing I want to go back :)

    ReplyDelete