Monday, October 10, 2011

Goals for Ballet

Hi guys, thanks for viewing. I'm just getting ready for my ballet class at 5:30, so I've decided to list my goals for ballet. I know that I may not achieve them all, but it's best to have something to motivate me, so here they are.

1. Do a right, left, and center split. I am a few inches off getting a right, and a lot farther for left and center. I hope to achieve this by this February.

2. Start pointe. This is a huge dream for most late starters to ballet, I was told by my dance teacher that I may be en pointe as soon as this Spring! I've been doing ankle and foot strenghtening excersises to prepare.

3. Learn a classical variation. One of my favorites is the Esmeralda variation, I'll post a video of it below.

4. Do a triple pirouette on flat, double en pointe. Right now I can do a double right on flat, and a single left, so I'm still working on it!

So what do you guys think? Do you have any similar goals? What about completely different ones?


*I don't own this video.

7 comments:

  1. Hey! I have been in ballet since I was three (I am 15 now) and I find your blog very interesting. I have a youtube page ( http://www.youtube.com/user/dancingLeah23 check it out?) and I am debating whether to make more videos or not. The only one I have was from a while ago, but I could make more class videos and other things. If you need any tips, or just wanna talk to another dancer, contact me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for reading, I'm glad you like it! I will definitely check out the channel when I have more time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I did check out your video, your pointe shoes look nice! I'm jealous, haha. If you do decide to make more videos, tell me and I'll put a link up on the blog (with your permission, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Thanks! I try :) and that would be awesome, I'm planning on making more soon when I have more time. I've been pretty busy lately. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Thankyou so much for blogging because I read this all the time. I have a question. I I started at the start of the year in a dance class would it be possible for me to be on pointe by the end of the year or before?

    I have been using my stretching band and doing that every morning and night And watching many many many ballet videos on YouTube
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is tricky. It's possible, actually, it's sort of what I did. I did a year of ballet at a little competition studio, 45 minutes a week, and then a year of what I call "real ballet" at a better studio, and then started pointe. However, it's unlikely. I am blessed with a good ballet body, and I caught on quick, but not everyone does. Talk to your dance teacher about it, she'll be able to help you the most.

      Delete