Monday, June 4, 2012

Recital

Hello everyone! I had my 2nd ever ballet recital on June 2nd. Here's a little rundown of everything that happened, in case you haven't had a recital before.

My report time was 11:30 am. I arrived around that time (give or take a few minutes) and went backstage to my dressing room, which was a classroom in a high school. The other girls in the room were also teenage girls. We all hung out, stretched, and vented nervous energy by acting crazy until around 12 noon, when we started to get ready. I had to do my hair in a bun, put on some stage make-up and dress into my costume. We were ready by 12:45, and the show started at 1. My group, Teen Ballet, was number 5, so we went on at about 1:20. We practiced in the hallways a few times before going on stage, and pretty much everything went well.

When you're on stage, the bright stage lights pretty much block out the audience, which is mostly why I don't get extremely nervous on stage. I think the hardest thing about being on stage is remembering to smile. It's pretty hard to hold a big grin on your face when you're worried about messing up a certain part, but I tried to keep my smile glued on.

I'll make another post about what make-up I used for the recital just to give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment