Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dance Music

Hello all! Hope your summers are going nicely! I haven't taken a dance class in what seems like FOREVER, and it's starting to get to me. I found out that my teen studio has a lyrical class on Tuesday, which I was invited to attend when I stopped by the studio to get recital pictures and a DVD. I'm a bit nervous about it, and I'm not quite sure if I'll go yet, but I think it would be interesting to try.

I absolutely love watching lyrical dances on Youtube. Sometimes I'll hear a song and instantly think, "This would be great for lyrical! I wonder if there's a routine to it on Youtube?" I was thinking about my favorite ballet/lyrical songs, so here's a list of a few of them:

Drops Of Jupiter by Train
Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg
Without You from the musical Rent
On My Own from the musical Les Miserables
Yesterday by The Beatles
Eet by Ragina Spector
Skinny Love by Bon Iver (or the cover by Birdie)
Your Song by Elton John

So that's just my small list. What I'm really curious about is what are some of your favorite dancing songs? Leave me a comment please!

Also, please leave a comment with your ballet story on my "About Me" page, the tab is up there ^. I'd love to hear about other later starter's stories!

1 comment:

  1. I posted on your 'about me' page....haha hope you can help :$ this musics all really good too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete