Sunday, October 21, 2012

First Nutcracker Rehearsal

Hi guys, first Nutcracker rehearsal this afternoon! I'm so excited! I'll edit later today to tell you all how it went!

Hey everyone! The first rehearsal was great! When I got to the studio there were tons of girls from 11 to 18 hustling about, getting changed, putting on shoes, and grabbing a quick drink. I was about 15 minutes early so I got ready in the dressing room and watched the end of Candy Canes rehearsal. It's our first year doing Candy Canes, so it should be interesting! We started the soldier cheorography. If you followed the blog last year (or look through the posts labeled Nutcracker 2011), you'll know that last year I was just sort of an extra. This year, I do have a dancing part. The other soldiers are from age 11 to age 14, with me being the oldest at 16. However, at 5'3", I'm pretty short so I don't stick out too much. There are some changes this year, which I really like, and some things are the same. It was overall a lot of fun! Tell me about your rehearsals below!

7 comments:

  1. How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please update, or make a new post! I'm curious to hear how other studios rehearse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats funny, its our studio's first year doing candy canes, too! what studio do you dance at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird! I keep the specific name/location of my academy private just to be safe, but it's in PA.

      Delete
  4. oh, ok, nevermind. Yes, I like to be safe, too. I thought maybe we went to the same place and i wasnt sure if you were from my studio or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I hope that didn't come off as rude! I thought we might at first too, but I think our Nutcrackers sound a bit different.

      Delete