Thursday, October 4, 2012

Taking a Day Off

I love going to dance. Love it. There's no better feeling then having stress melt away during barre. However, sometimes you just can't dance. Monday was one of those days. I was feeling lightheaded and dizzy from low blood pressure and had cramps so bad it felt like an angry cat was trying to claw it's way out of my stomach (too vivid? Sorry!). I wanted to go to dance, but the thought of walking downstairs to get my dance stuff was bad enough, let alone an hour and a half dance class. So, I took a day off. I e-mailed the studio (always call or e-mail!) and set up a makeup class for Wednesday. The make up class was already my level, so I didn't have to worry too much about it.

I have a few new post ideas coming, including one on class etiquitte. I'm sorry for my lack of posts recently, I'm taking a bunch of honors classes and AP Bio (ugh, it's the hardest thing ever) so I'm averaging about three hours of homework plus dance! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear I feel you! Yesterday was the day I finally got to take a class after 2 weeks of being on a break, and just happened to be my crampy day! Of all the days! I manned it and I went but I was still annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am thinking of trying ballet, but I don't know how to bring it up to my mom. I'm 14, is it too late to start? I know I will never be able to go pro, I'm not aiming for that. I just want to go en pointe one day, and be in at least one show. I'm not really flexible, how should I start becoming flexible? Also, my mom doesn't really see me as a "girly girl" but I want to change to become more "girly."
    Ever since I saw the movie the Black Swan, I've been really interested in ballet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I was 14 when I started ballet, have been in a show, and am en pointe, so I wouldn't say you're too late! As for bringing it up, something simple like, "Hey, mom, I'm kind of interested in starting ballet. Do you think I could take a few classes?" I found the studio I wanted to take classes at ahead of time so I could say, "I'd like to try this studio, can I email them about registering?"

      I wasn't flexible at all when I started ballet. You can look up stretches online to try out. I don't like to give stretching advice because I wouldn't want to be responsible for any injuries.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, it helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete