Saturday, October 27, 2012

Second Rehearsal



Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone for a while. This week has been busy, with dance on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, Safe Halloween Night at my high school on Wednesday, and three huge tests to study for on Thursday, I've had barely any free time!

Friday was a short rehearsal for Nutcracker, just 45 minutes, with the mice! Oh my gosh, are they adorable! Our mice are little girls, I would say around 5-7, perhaps a little younger. They are so full of energy, running around and chatting their heads off. While we were warming up, stretching and practicing turns, they watched in awe, it was so cute. We ran through the dance alone, had them run it alone, and then ran through it together. For one part, the soldiers form a circle and one mouse per soldier crawls through their legs. My little mouse was jumping up and down, and when I smiled and said "Hi!" she excitedly said, "I'm turning 6 in three weeks!!". Haha, it was so cute.

The next rehearsal will be sometime next weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right!? Last rehearsal I heard her whisper, "That's my soldier!" to her mom afterwards.

      Delete