Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nutcracker Castlist

Hey guys, I know you I already made a post about Nutcracker and my thoughts on it and everything, but here's another quick post. I got to see the official cast list on Tuesday and was indeed casted as a soldier. I am happy I get the opportunity  especially when I consider that I've only been dancing for two years, and have only been taking real ballet technique classes for a year.

I'm still a bit disappointed I wasn't able to do the company because it was so darn expensive. Honestly, I'm a bit resentful that all of the young 12 year olds in my class get to take 4 ballet classes and a modern class every week, and all I can afford is two ballet classes. It makes me a little sad that people can want something so badly, but they can't really achieve it every single time.

Anyway, back to Nutcracker...As I was checking out the castlist I noticed a few differences. For one, Mother Ginger and her children was replaced with Candy Canes! I have no idea why, but I'm excited to see some new choreography  Along the same lines, we now have a Mouse Queen as well. I am curious as to whether the Mouse Queen is replacing the Mouse King (who we hired last year as a guest dancer) or if she will dance with him. I really liked working in the same scene with the Mouse King, he was very talented and it was nice to work with a professional dancer up close like that.

My first rehearsal will be within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll keep you all updated!

4 comments:

  1. We have a Mouse Queen too! It's (I think) because we have a lot girls, and only one boy, who is twelve. But it's nice to break out of the completely traditional ways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's interesting to change things up sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Our studios have a lot in common! wow! we have a mouse queen this year, too. We have somebody who is the mouse king every year, but the girl wanted it so bad she got it! also, the rats this year at my studio are performing en pointe. i think thats funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, weird! I might even think we go to the same studio, but we don't have rats en pointe. Just tiny little mice! I think a rat en pointe would be an interesting role, I bet it's tons of fun!

      Delete