Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Auditions!


So on Monday we had the Jr. Company auditions as well as pointe evaluations. We had class in the "big studio" today, instead of the regular studio. The class was taught by a senior company member, while my teacher and her pro friend evaluated. There were more girls in the class then usual because some of them weren't old enough to audition for the Jr. Corps last year, and they already had basic pointe training. Two of the girls were my "backstage buddies" for Nutcracker, so it was good to see them again, although we didn't chat at all. The mirrors in the big studio don't cover the whole wall, because of a badly placed door. Unfortunately, during barre, I was on the very end where there was no mirrors, so I wasn't able to see myself at all. That makes me so nervous, because my arms tend to drop a little when I can't actually see them. Because someone new was teaching, the combinations were a little different, and a little harder as well. I messed up once or twice; I hope no body noticed! Center and across the floor was more difficult as well. She gave us an intense turning combination that practically had me falling over by the time I had done it twice. Just a final thought: Petite allegro scares me. I think it was the most frightening part of the class. My feet just don't move fast enough! 


I think we will find out who made the cuts for both pointe and Jr. Company tonight at class, wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We didn't find out! Our teacher said she would mail letters within the next two weeks. I'm dying to know though. Thanks for asking though, I'll keep you all updated.

      Delete
  2. 10 day since the last post :OMG?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what's up????? You're not posting and we all want to know how you did? Hasn't it been 2 weeks already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering too... I miss when she used to update her blog more often.. Now I kinda feel like its a burden for her :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are okay....

    ReplyDelete