Sunday, April 1, 2012

Auditions in one day!

Hey guys! On Wednesday I only had an hour of ballet because I had to leave early to meet my German exchange student! She will be staying with me for the next three weeks, she seems really nice. Anyway, class was fun, I was on a roll when we were turning, I snuck in a triple pirouette.


I'm really excited for the pointe evaluation/jr. company audition on Monday. I ordered a new black leotard from discountdance.com, the same bratek one I posted about earlier, but in black instead of burgandy because we need a black leotard for the evaluation/audition. I was really surprised when the leotard arrives after just 2 days, even though we got shipping for 3-7 days. So I really recommend Discount Dance! The leotard with shipping was as much as buying it in the store, and it got here so fast! I love the Capezio Bratek leotard,  I hope they come out with more in different styles and colors!
I love this picture. It shows the dedication and work that was put into pointe. Comment with a url of your favorite ballet pics!


If I am allowed to begin pointe, I will attend a one week "mini intensive" where the teacher goes over basic exercises, tying/sewing techniques, and does strengthening exercises in the summer. It is two and a half hours long for 6 days. Then, if I am accepted into the Jr. Company, there is a three week "intensive", again 2 1/2 hours. The first week is technique, the second is variations, and the third is contemporary. Variations and contemporary are both taught by different teachers then normally, and I would love to learn a variation and some contemporary work!


Happy Dancing! Leave me a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment