Friday, April 20, 2012

Update!



Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long. I did read your comments, and it means the world that you guys wished for more posts. Seriously, I love every single time I get a new comment or member. I've been super busy because I've been hosting a German Exchange student, and we've been busy for the past three weeks seeing all of the sights of the northeastern US before she had to leave, which she did yesterday. So now I'm back!


Unfortunately, I don't know if I made the Jr. Corps and pointe yet! Apparently, my teacher mailed the letters but I never got mine, so she's going to give it to me for sure on Monday. I'm hoping I got accepted for both! If I did, I get to take part in two mini "Summer Intensives". The first one is three and a half hours a day for 5 days, and it focuses on beginning pointe, getting used to standing/dancing en pointe, tying and sewing pointe shoes, ect. The other summer intensive is three weeks, Monday through Friday, for 5 and a half hours a day. The first week focuses on ballet, the second is ballet variations, and the third week is modern, which is mandatory for all company dancers.


Meanwhile, at my other studio, we've finished our recital piece to Allison Crowe's cover of the Beatles "Let it Be". I really like the dance, I might see if my mom can video tape the rehearsal in a few months so you can see it. We've got these purple tutu costumes, which are...interesting. The tutus won't lie flat, they kind of stick up a bit and look silly. Hopefully that gets fixed, haha. Here's them, we have the short tutu in dark purple https://curtaincallcostumes.com/products/product-page-t.php?prodid=4655


Tell me if you have any requests for new posts! I'll try to update more often, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Yay so happy your back!! Im sure you got into both groups and I can't wait to here about them. If you hang your costume up in your bathroom somewhere and turn the shower on with hot water, the steam from the shower will help the tutu lay flat. Just be careful that the tutu isn't in the shower or close enough that it gets wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sorry I took such a long break! Thanks for the tip about the tutu, I'll definitely try it soon!

    ReplyDelete