Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flexibility Goals

Hi everyone! Hope your winter is going well! I'm just making a quick post to use as inspiration for myself and hopefully some of  you. As you guys might know by now, I absolutely love (LOVE) the Arabian Coffee dance from The Nutcracker. Like, I adore it. A lot. And you guys might also know, I am not flexabile. I am about 4 inches from my right split, and more around 7-9 for my left. I also have a bit to go for my center splits, which, if I do one against a wall, my body is 11 inches away from the wall (if that makes sense).


So here are my flexibility goals:


1. Stretch 4-6 days a week.
2. Get right splits by February 15th.
3. Get left splits by March 31st.
4. Get center splits by March 31st.
5. Get oversplits (2" min) by June 1st.


What do you guys think? Leave a comment about your goals for flexibility. 


*Just a note, videos on the blog really slow it down, so I'm going to start taking down videos on posts after a week and replace it with the link so it keeps the blog nice and speedy.

3 comments:

  1. Could you do a post on the stretches you do? Especially for your middle splits because I'm only an inch or two away from my center but I'm having trouble going all the way down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You should try doing yoga sometimes. I had problems with flexibility and yoga really helped with this. Yoga also helps with gaining strength and relaxing like if you have trouble keeping your shoulders down it will help. Especially on pointe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure about whether to try yoga or Pilates. Do you have a yoga DVD to follow along with? If so, what is it called?

      Delete