Saturday, June 22, 2013

New Pointes!

I just got my third pair of pointes! They are Russian Pointe Rubins, and I love them. My Capezios tended to pop off my heels, and they died too fast, so these should fix both of those problems. I'm not going to sew them yet, because I want my artistic director to check them and make sure everything is okay. I'm a little nervous because Russian Pointes tend to be less pink, and more silvery than most pointe shoes are, and my studio likes uniformity. When I get the okay, I'll sew them up and get pictures for you!



I was even thinking of making a "How to Sew Your Pointe Shoes" video, but I don't know yet, let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Russian Pointe shoes! I have Rubins too, I'm on my 4th pair of them. :) Have you danced in yours yet? What do you think?

    I love my pointes. I especially like the platform, nice and wide, good for balancing. Do you know what shank you got? I started off in a MH which was too hard, and now dance in a FS (the softest shank they make). I've only had my 4th pair of shoes for about month now, and I think I'm breaking my shank already, so I might actually have to think of going up a strength. I almost don't know what to think of that, as I love to get the broken in feeling fast.. I feel like I dance better in them!

    Enjoy your shoes. I hope you like them as much as I do mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I wore them for about an hour yesterday, I love them! My last pair, Capezio Aria, didn't cover my heel enough so they always popped off, and the seams started coming apart! I love how well made the Russians are. I got the FS, but I think I'll probably go up to a stronger shank when I get a new pair.

    They do hurt a bit more than my other shoes, I'm not sure if it's just because they're new or if they're just distributing pressure differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like them so far! Do your pointes hurt mostly on your big toe? Every pair of Russians I've gotten so far have ALWAYS hurt my big toes like crazy for the first few weeks. Then it goes away and I get no pain at all en pointe, ever. I have no clue if it's just me, or the shoes, lol!

    Honestly though, all I've ever worn are Russians (I started pointe at 16) so I have no idea if they hurt any worse than other shoes!

    I find my shoes so comfortable, I look forwards to pointe class. I think I'm the only one.. the rest of my classmates thought I was insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually does just hurt on my big toes, it's good to know that'll probably go away! That's the only problem I have with them, otherwise they're great.

      Delete