Friday, June 14, 2013

Tech Rehearsal!

Hey guys! Today was my tech/dress rehearsal for the Sleeping Beauty Recital! I went to my studio at 4 for an hour long ballet class. There was so many people, everyone from level 4-7, so probably at least 30 people. After class we walked over to the performance center, which isn't even a block away, and settled into our dressing rooms. Levels 6-7 shared one room while levels 4-5 had the other. They were fairly small, some girls had to double up on mirrors. Outside the rooms there was this nice common area, with a table with snacks, a TV that showed the stage, a couch, and two single bathrooms. The modern dances were first, and since I don't take modern, I chilled in the dressing room with two other girls who aren't in the company. Then I got dressed for my piece, and after sitting around for about 2 hours, we finally rehearsed our piece. Then we went back to the dressing room for another hour, then practiced the finale and bows, took pictures, and finally around 8 we went home.

The theater is actually really neat. It's newer and smaller than the one for Nutcracker, I could only find an outside picture!


And this is our costume (that is not me):


No comments:

Post a Comment