Monday, June 17, 2013

Recital!

Hello everyone! My Sleeping Beauty Show went very well! I arrived at the theater at 4, went in the back entrence (fancy!) and only got a little lost on the way to my dressing room. I was one of the last girls there, but the show didn't start until 5 and my piece was number 5 or something so I had time. I did my makeup, put on my costume, and stretched with the other 16 year old in my level while the other girls prepared and preformed modern. Then the two of us helped the girls change quickly in the Green Room (no one can be modest in shows, if you have to change in one number you're stripping backstage!), and we went to the wings to wait for our song. I think the 3-5 minutes spent waiting in the wings is the most anxious time of the whole day. You're back there, frantically marking your dance and practicing steps you're nervous about (for me it was left spot turns!). Then, your music is about to start and you take your place in the wings, you hear your cue, and without hesitation you step from the shadows onto the stage, big smile on your face, and hope to God that you don't mess up. We got through the whole dance without any mistakes, and then went backstage, stretched a little to keep warm, watched the other pieces on the TV, and practiced the finale. Soon it was about time to go for the finale, and we all filed out into the wings. In the 10 minutes or so we spent waiting, everyone in the company quietly marking in the wings, I became really thankful. How many other girls my age get to be apart of such a professional preformance? I mean, the costumes were brilliant, the venue was beautiful, and the dancers were amazing. And sure, I can't afford the company, or modern classes, but I get to be apart of this amazing conservatory, and that's amazing in its self.

After finale, we went on for bows, changed, and talked a little before we left. I was so sad to find out two girls in my level won't be returning! That brings our class from 6 to 4 people!

I don't have any more classes until the 24th, when my 5 day, 2.5 pointe intensive starts!

3 comments:

  1. that sounded like a good performance! I hope to be dancing with the company soon too!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you had a good performance! Haha it's true, there were people changing everywhere at my performance. I remember during the Nutcracker, the dressing room was packed. It's either that or you run a long, long way to the bathroom :-D

    *Please check out my new beauty blog itsallaboutdancebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete